The dangers of Perfectionism








Perfectionism is wanting things to be in a certain way which we believe would grand us true satisfaction and happiness while continuously working for the next better output.

Disclaimer: I firmly believe that there is nothing wrong with wanting to be better but anything that is done to the extreme can never be a good thing.

We strive for the unattainable and ironically get disappointed when we are unable to achieve it but who are we to blame here when you are constantly bombarded with the ideas of perfectionism.

Perfectionism robs you of your happiness, you’re always trying to be right or do things in a better way, blaming yourself and others when things don’t meet your unattainable standards.

Perfectionism for me has gone hand in hand with anxiety. It often goes like this I think of ways I could have done something better and then think that maybe I should try being easy on myself when I get anxious about being so hard on myself and why I couldn’t just be good like everyone else and take things easy and then realize that I need to be better than this.
You see how pointless and silly that was but that just how it goes for me and millions of others who go through this.

Perfectionism robs you of ever attaining a stable relationship because it could never be good enough for you. Your partner could never fit your criteria, your friends are never good enough, you parents aren’t the ideal parents you wish to have.
Nothing could ever be good enough for you, you yourself can never be good enough for you.

Perfectionism in itself is a flaw and trying to erase something that is so ingrained in our minds would be difficult. I know most self-help guides and gurus would give us countless tips and tricks on how to stop this cumbersome mentality and I do believe their advice are great but sometimes the best thing we could do is acceptwho we are and know that we are flawed, yet striving and doing our best to be a little better than we were the day before


Comments

Popular Posts