What may taught me










          


















With my university being held in May I had totally neglected this blog for one whole month but that does not mean May wasn’t gracious enough to hand me a few lessons along the way.It’s amazing what life can teach you when you listen to her. 


1. Holding on
Anxiety, a trait of mine that does cause a lot of problems especially when it comes to doing important task, like, giving an exam (though I can assure you I have no exam fear)
Overthinking, another part of me that pushes people away and how I assume the worst of things
May taught me that I didn’t have to put to shame these parts of me that I didn’t like so much, and when these feelings push me to the ground I didn’t have to do much, except, to keep holding on



2. Being grateful Remember that hymn we sang as a child ‘count your blessings name them one by one…’I was constantly struggling with the choices I have made and wondered if the course I had chosen for myself was the right one, I wondered would I be happier if I had done a major in English and seeing countless stories of successful people running after the life they wanted didn’t help me much.
But I was gently reminded of how hard I had prayed for what I have right now, how badly I had wanted to get into this university. I got exactly what I wanted and instead of being grateful I wanted more.



3. Simple living

Either it’s me growing up or the environment that I am in, Inow appreciate the art of simple living much more than I ever did before
We went on a trip just before the exams started and that have changed my whole view towards life. Looking at the vast endless clear night on an empty beach and having dinner without any obligations waiting for us was a simple yet enriching experienceIt taught me to slow down and live in the moment I have now.Finding joy in the life I have 







Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome dear...I missed you.....all these days..........i am so happy to read ur writeup.....keep going. ...stay blessed. ....lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written dear❤Truely can relate to it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts