Learning to deal with feeling different

Learning to deal with feeling different




I with certainty can tell you that I have always felt utterly different from others.
There are good days when I embrace my difference but most of the time I just cannot do that and slowly but persistently the differences become clearer and clearer until all I can see is the stark difference I (ironically) share with everyone.

There is nothing wrong with being different until that difference turns into loneliness and that loneliness slowly crawls into every fragment of your thought.

I was told over and over again that everyone at some point feels this way, that it’s a normal human tendency to feel lonely at some point and even though their intentions were pure I could never explain it to them that I felt lonely in a way that I have never met someone to whom I could share my true thoughts and even when I thought I could they could never quite grasped what I meant.

I know I could find multiple people who felt this way on the internet, but never have I met one in real life. Maybe the internet is a breeding ground for people like us or maybe we are all here feeling this way but never really cared or too scared to show who we are.

Photography: Divya 


Nature is a place where you could find all your answers and sometimes looking at the sky does solve all your problems.

I remember sitting with a very dear person of mine looking at the sky, admiring the painted clouds when I thought, we are all under this sky
We are all enveloped by this vastness of atmosphere; needing air to fill our lungs with oxygen to exist, to live.

All this time I was seeing what was different in each of us when there is so much likeness.

The easiest way out of this is to see what we share, what connects us.
I for certain have learnt that everyone feels sadness, joy, love and pain.
Maybe not at the same intensity, but, we all do.

I know this isn’t easy, it too wasn't easy for me but I strongly do believe that we have capabilities to become better and to become better no matter where we are

At the same time, please,
do not lose who you are,
be different, that’s okay.
Most people are just scared to be who they truly are because when we are ourselves we stand out.

source: Pinterest


They think it’s odd that you are not like them but isn’t it odd that they all look and sound the same.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts